Our Independent Study Home Certification Course will give you all of the same course material as our instructor-led course, but with a format that’s ideal for self-motivated learners. If you’re comfortable with assessing your own progress as you complete the assignments and generally learn well on your own, this course is designed for you.
Unit 1: Intro to home staging, why we stage homes, de-personalization, assignment
Unit 2: Common home staging problems and how to solve them, assignments (2)
Unit 3: Home staging color tips, color psychology, best home staging colors to use, home staging style, interior design principles, assignments (2)
Unit 4: Home staging room-by-room checklist
Unit 5: How to stage a house, using vignettes, staging vacant homes, assignments (4)
Unit 5: Home Staging Psychology, assignments (2)
In addition to learning all about how to stage homes, you’ll also get our business start-up guide that includes the following.
Home Staging Business Start-up Material
- How to perfect your staging skills to be ready for doing work for clients
- How to set up your business
- How to decide on the best business structure for your situation
- Business license
- Insurance tips
- Getting business cards
- Getting a business website: different options you can take for any budget
- Setting up WordPress, you’ll get our step-by-step tutorial for using this popular website platform
- Website builders
- Domain names and how to choose a good one
- SEO basics so clients can find your website
- Copywriting basics so clients want to hire you
- Using social media effectively for your business
- Easy networking ideas
- Low-cost marketing ideas
- What you need to know about setting your staging fees
- Handling clients
- Furniture rental
- Billing (AKA making sure you get paid)
- and more.
Payment is securely processed through Stripe. You’ll receive access to the course material immediately upon completion of purchase.